Collect all 12 editions of the Day Tripper
We’re running several surprises and giveaways throughout the year, so be sure to collect all 12 issues! If you miss an edition or start collecting late, no worries! We will be launching our store where you can find the past issues.
MAY ISSUE SWEEPSTAKES!
We’re giving away $1,500 in cash and prizes to several very lucky folks! Here’s what you could win!
Grand Prize: $500 CASH
Second Prize: Golf and 2 nights stay at Pipestem Resort and State Park
Third Prize: 2 Roundtrip Tickets to Bald Knob on Cass Scenic Railroad
Fourth Prize: 2 Roundtrip Tickets on the Durbin Rocket Scenic Railroad
Fifth Prize: Burning Rock Trail Passes
How to Enter
- Check the back of your May Edition of DayTripper. In the lower right there’s a section that could contain a serial number. If it does, you’re automatically in the drawing! Serialized copies have a 1000 multiplier entry value. All you have to do is hang on to your copy and keep it safe! Don’t sent it back to us. Then check the June 2021 DayTripper issue for the winners. We will draw 100 serial numbers at random and in order. The numbers drawn first have a higher priority. If your number is the highest priority on the list, then you’ve won!
- No Serial Number? No worries! You can clip and send the original unserialized number section on the back page to us and we’ll enter you into the drawing. unserialized copies have a 100 multiplier entry value.
- BONUS! If your copy is serialized AND signed by the staff, it’s your lucky day! If you have two original signatures, you’ll get a 10,000 multiplier entry value. If you have all original signatures, it’s worth a 100,000 multiplier entry value.
Need more information: reach out to email@example.com
You’ll definitely want to collect all 12 DayTripper editions! Each of the 12 editions we’ll produce each month over the next year will be unique and have packed with awesome fun and goodness. These could be anything from a treasure hunt, competition, and adventures that are fun for the whole family.
BONUS: If you are able to collect all 12, you’ll be in the special drawing for a substantial giveaway of cash and prizes to be announced in the near future.
Make sure you join our mailing list to be notified of all events and happenings along the way!
Crypto NFT Collectors Edition
Are you a cryptocurrency investor and or a Non Fungible Token (NFT) collector? Great! We are offering a limited number of DayTripper May 2021 edition NFT versions on the OpenSea NFT Marketplace! For a limited time only, when you purchase the NFT version of this issue, you can receive the associated version also as a physical copy (while supplies last). We will have serialized NFT’s, signed NFT’s and a very rare Artist Proof version. Nothing contained in this publication should be construed as investment advice.
Subscribe to the DayTripper Newsletter
Want to keep up with all the daytrips, adventures and announcements? It’s easy, just subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll let you know when things are happening. We send 1-2 emails a month, and we don’t sell our mailing list, and we won’t spam.
Official Sweepstakes Rules
DayTripper Virginias May Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. PROMOTION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
PROMOTION PERIOD: The DayTripper Virginias May Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01:00
a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. MDT on May 30, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
ELIGIBILITY: Open to permanent legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older at time of entry and have a valid drivers license. Void in Puerto Rico, U.S. Territories and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, board members, advisory committee members, directors, officers, or agents of Ecent Corporation (the “Sponsor”), their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other suppliers to Sponsor and the immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in households of each, whether or not related are ineligible. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Eligible individuals receive a Free DayTripper Virginias Magazine with a serial number on the back page. Then check the June edition for the list of winning serial numbers. We will draw 100 serial numbers at random and prioritize them in order of drawing. The numbers drawn first have a higher priority. If the individual’s number is the highest priority on the list, they win one of the corresponding prizes first through fifth place.
- To enter without purchase or serial number, cut out the entry form located on the back of the DayTripper May Edition. Insert original entry form in an envelope and mail to: DayTripper Virginias May 2021 Giveaway #1, P.O. Box 471, Lewisburg, WV 24901 (each original entry form must be mailed individually.) All mail-in entries must include all requested information to be considered an entry. Bulk shipments (multiple entries in one shipping package) will not be accepted, and will be destroyed. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by May 15, 2021 and received by May 20, 2021. Earn 100 (100) entries per envelope. No limit on number of entries received via the no purchase method of entry (mail-in entries). Requests for confirmation of receipt of mail-in entries will not be acknowledged. No photo copies, facsimiles or reproductions of mail-in entry will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, incomplete, illegible, postage due, or misdirected entries. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
- Purchase a DayTripper edition magazine. Individuals can contact DayTripper via the West Virginia Daily News at 304.645.1206 or visit http://dtripper.com and purchase a DayTripper Magazine. Individuals can purchase a serialized version (1000 entry multiplier value), a 2 signature version (10,000 entry multiplier value), or the full staff signature version (100,000 entry multiplier value). Supplies are limited.
ENTRY MULTIPLIER VALUES: Throughout the Promotion Period the Sponsor will be announcing opportunities to earn multiple entries. Currently each version of the DayTripper contains the following multiple entry multiplier values:
1. Unserialized version entry: 100 entries
2. Serialized version entry: 1,000 entries
3. 2 signature version: 10,000 entry multiplier value
4. Full staff signature version (100,000 entry multiplier value).
DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about June 24, 2021, under the supervision of Ecent Corporation, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Only one prize per individual, per drawing.
- GRAND PRIZE: $500 CASH
- SECOND PRIZE: GOLF AND 2 NIGHTS STAY AT PIPESTEM RESORT AND STATE PARK
- THIRD PRIZE: 2 ROUNDTRIP TICKETS TO BALD KNOB ON CASS SCENIC RAILROAD
- FOURTH PRIZE: 2 ROUNDTRIP TICKETS ON THE DURBIN ROCKET SCENIC RAILROAD
- FIFTH PRIZE: BURNING ROCK TRAIL PASSES
Total approximate retail value of all cash and prizes is USD$1,500.
PRIZE DETAILS: The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Failure to take delivery within 30 days of availability could cause prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Prize Winner is responsible for the payment of taxes on their prize and for any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value at any time during the duration of the Promotion.
GENERAL RULES: All Potential Winners must contact Ecent Corporation via the West Virginia Daily News before June 10, 2021 either by phone or by email.
Contact Phone: 304.645.1206
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential Winner (or parent/legal guardian if Winner is a minor) will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility /Publicity and Liability Release, and W9 (where legal and where required) within 5 days of contact or prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner determined at random from among all eligible entries. If any potential Prize Winner is deemed a minor in his/her state or province of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of the Winner’s parent or legal guardian. If the potential Winner does not return the required documents within the stated timeframe, the corresponding Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected. Should the potential Winner (or any other alternate potential Winner) decide to decline the prize for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that potential Winner, and an alternate potential Winner will be selected, if time permits. Taxes related to the prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Winner agrees to hold Releasees harmless against any and all claims and liability from any accident, loss or injury occurring from this promotion or in any way related to the prize or use/misuse thereof, or while traveling to and/or from a location to obtain or use a prize. No substitution or transfer of prize allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Releasees shall not be liable for any printing or other errors or for delays in mail service. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion are to be directed to the Sponsor at the address below.
SCAMMER ALERT INFORMATION: It is illegal to ask you to pay or buy something to enter or increase your odds of winning. You should never have to pay handling charges, service fees, or any other kind of charges up front to receive a win – those are sure signs of sweepstakes scams. Sweepstakes taxes are paid directly to the IRS along with your regular tax return. For more information go to https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0199- prize-scams.
WAIVERS, DISCLAIMERS, RELEASES, INDEMNITY: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS (US$5.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED ONE DOLLAR (US$1.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES (I) TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND (II) TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO.
INTERNET: Releasees and any Internet access or service providers are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of entry information, human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access Web sites, or damage to a user’s computer system (hardware or software) due to participation in this Sweepstakes. If Sponsor determines, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes or if any noncompliance with the rules has occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the Prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received in the applicable drawing pool as of the promotion end date. If the
Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its end date, notice will be posted at dtripper.com. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account” holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any online entries submitted by automated means, or third-party, will be disqualified. Entries will not be valid until received by Sponsor.
CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: This Promotion is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of West Virginia. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of West Virginia located in the county of Greenbrier for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion.
WINNERS LIST: For the Winner’s list, available after a Winner has been confirmed, visit https://dtripper.com.
SPONSOR: Ecent Corporation, PO Box 471, Lewisburg, WV 24901.
©2021. ECENT CORPORATION. All rights reserved.